Sunday, April 18, 2010

Review: Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM Standard Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras


I have owned this lens for about a month now. I opted for this one instead of the 18-55mm kit lens upon reading numerous reviews that it is a great general purpose lens for starters.

I have to say I am impressed with Canon's USM system... and a relatively fast auto focus. I havent had a single time when the subjet was out of focus because of the len's mistake.

It is pretty sharp around f5.6 all through the focal range.. mostly within 28-80mm range.

To sum up:

Pros:
- A good general purpose Canon branded lens. 28-105mm is a decent focal range for starters.
- USM is great.
- AF is good.. mostly accurate.
- Light weight, not bulky in size.
- Decently sharp throughout most of the range.

Cons:
- Colors are not very bright or vibrant.. but a little post processing is all it needs.


Final notes:
The 28-105mm is great for its flexible range and the decent sharpness and USM... I have used it for everything from semi-macros to portraits to landscapes to long exposure shots at night to birds. And the build is professionally solid. Worth the money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment